Take the headache out of your move.
At PMI GOLDfeather, we want to make it as easy as possible for our tenants to make a move. Whether you're arriving in one of our homes or you're saying goodbye, our move-in and move-out checklists should answer many of the questions you have about the process. Remember, if you have any additional concerns or questions, we're always happy to help!
Welcome to your new property. Please remember the following important keys:
First Month's Rent & Security Deposit
You'll need to pay the first month's rent any applicable security deposits and the lease initiation fee at the time of the lease signing.
The accounts for your rental home need to be placed in your name immediately after taking occupancy, or preferably, a few days before you receive the keys. This will help prevent unnecessary outages and administrative fees. [See our Utilities Concierge in the drop down menu at the top right hand corner of the pages under tenants.]
Move-in Report via Our Free "My Walk Thru" App
After signing the lease and within 4 days of your move in, you'll need to carefully complete the move-in report and send it to our email via our Free to you "MY Walk Thru App." This report will serve as a record of your property's condition and will prove important when your lease draws to a close. We will send you a link via text and email to use our "MyWalkThru" App. Now you can use your smart phone to snap photos and create notes to protect your security deposits. It's Fast, Easy and Free for you to use!
We're always sad to see our tenants move on, but we wish you the very best. As you prepare to leave, please remember the following:
Written Notice of Intent to Vacate
You'll need to give us a heads up to make sure we know you're moving on. Please provide written notice of your intent to vacate and refer to your lease for specific terms.
Your home must be returned to its original and like condition. Please request a copy of the complete, up to date move-out checklist to make sure you don't miss any important steps.
Dear Valued Resident,
Please request an up to date Move-Out Check list at least 30 days prior to move out.
In an effort to assist you in a smooth move out transition and to help maximize the return of your security deposit we are providing a list of some of the items we will be inspecting after you have vacated. We do have high cleaning standards and any cleaning that is not performed will be charged to your security deposit. We also want the new incoming resident to have a clean and rent-ready home – so please clean thoroughly!
We do have recommended vendors to use to assist you during your move that do a great job and could be a big help in making your move as smooth as possible.
- If you will be out of your property before the end of the month please let us know the date you intend to vacate.
- We may begin pre-advertising your home by placing a "For Rent" sign in the yard and or posting the listing on web sites.
- Your lease agreement expires at 12:00 noon on your lease expiration date and your property is not considered vacated until you turn your keys into our office. For that reason it is very important that you have your keys turned into our office no later than 12:00 noon on the expiration date. If we do not have keys in our office by that time, you can be charged for another day of occupancy. If you are not able to bring keys to our office, please call immediately to make other arrangements.
- Once you turn your keys into the PMI office, you will not be allowed any further access to the property for liability purposes etc.
- Your security deposit will be returned within 30 days after you have vacated, per the terms of your lease agreement. If you have not already done so, please give us your new mailing address.
- If you had any type of auto payment set up for your rent payments – be sure to cancel that
It is our goal to make your move-out a smooth process. If you have any questions please contact our office. Thank you for staying with us at PMI GOLDFEATHER. We wish you Great future success in all you do!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO DO UPON VACATING
- HAVE CARPETS PROFESSIONALLY CLEANED PER YOUR LEASE TERMS (RENTING A MACHINE YOURSELF DOES NOT QUALIFY.) IF YOU HAD A PET IN THE HOME, YOU MUST REQUEST PET DEODORIZER TO BE USED BY CARPET CLEANER OR IT WILL HAVE TO BE RE-DONE. WE USE CARPET MEDIC TO CLEAN ALL OUR PROPERTIES.
- CARPET MEDIC'S NUMBER IS 615.815.7153 DAVID GREER. BE SURE TO TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE A TENANT WITH PMI GOLDFEATHER.
- REMOVE ALL OF YOUR ITEMS FROM THE PREMISES INCLUDING ALL ITEMS IN THE REFRIGERATOR & FREEZER.
- WASH WINDOWS, WINDOW SILLS & LIGHT FIXTURES.
- REPLACE MISSING AND BURNED OUT LIGHT BULBS
- REMOVE ALL NAILS FROM WALLS
- PICK UP ANY TRASH OR DEBRIS INSIDE, FROM GARAGE AND YARD.
- PLEASE DO NOT PUT LOOSE TRASH IN ANY GARBAGE CANS - ALL GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED
- MOW AND TRIM THE YARD
- LEAVE MAILBOX KEYS & GARAGE DOOR OPENERS in a drawer beside the OVEN
- DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE KEYS LOCKED INSIDE THE HOME
- LEAVE THE UTILITY SERVICES ON TO AVOID ANY FREEZING ISSUES. WE WILL TRANSFER UTILITIES FOR YOU.
- CLEAN REFRIGERATOR INSIDE AND OUT AND TOP-. PLEASE LEAVE IT ON
- CLEAN OVEN INSIDE AND OUT AND UNDERNEATH - CHECK THE BOTTOM DRAWER FOR ANY OF YOUR ITEMS!
- CLEAN STOVE TOP AND UNDERNEATH BURNERS
- CLEAN DRIP PANS OR REPLACE
- CLEAN VENT HOOD
- WIPE CABINETS INSIDE AND OUT
- CLEAN DISHWASHER FRONT
- CLEAN SINK & COUNTERS
- SWEEP- VACUUM AND MOP KITCHEN FLOOR
- CLEAN BATHTUB TILE AND TUB
- CLEAN TOILET INSIDE AND OUT
- CLEAN CABINETS INSIDE AND OUT
- CLEAN SINK AND VANITY
- SWEEP VACUUM AND MOP FLOOR
- CLEAN MIRRORS
- CLEAN OUT CLOSETS OF ANY DEBRIS OR HANGERS
- WIPE DOWN SHELVES
- WIPE DOWN WALLS
- SWEEP AND MOP FLOOR
- WIPE DOWN SHELVES
"WE DO HAVE CLEANERS THAT WE CAN RECOMMEND IF YOU THINK IT MAY MAKE YOUR MOVE EASIER?" JUST CALL US!
- CLEAN OUT GARAGE OF ANY TRASH OR DEBRIS
- SWEEP AND OR HOSE FLOOR IF NEEDED
Summer move-outs: Please leave your sprinkler system turned on so that the grass stays watered.
Winter move-outs: Please leave your heat on and turned to 60 degrees
* This list is provided for your convenience as a general idea of items that should be cleaned. This list does not represent all items for which you are responsible.
Please don't forget to request an up to date Move-Out Check list at least 30 days prior to move out.
We will return your security deposit in a timely fashion after conducting a final inspection of your rental home. Remember, you need to pay your final month's rent; the security deposit cannot be used to cover this rent payment.
If there are any problems, we will schedule repairs and use the deposit for these expenses.